8.26.2008

We are having a baby!!!

I guess you guys understand after the video, or at least I hope ha, we are going to have a baby! We found out on August 14th and here is how it happened.....


I took lunch and went to Walmart to get a prescription filled and decided to pick up a pregnancy test. I needed to call in my measurements today for Tiffany’s bridesmaid dress and therefore needed to know what size to tell them, in case I actually was pregnant. Well I went home and took the test and it came up a slow positive. I couldn’t believe it. I stared at it for a solid 5 minutes. I was not sure what to do so I just took a second one just in case. Soon after balling my eyes out, I called the dress shop to order my dress and said, “Well actually I think I am pregnant, so we might need to go up a size ha!” At that point to even say, “I think I am pregnant,” seemed totally insane to me and I could barely even get it out of my mouth. Once I got off the phone with her I decided I just HAD to tell someone b/c I was going to burst. I called my best friend Missy but she was at work so I texted her to ask her to call me back. She did about 5 minutes later, and between the time I called her and she called me back I had busted into tears. I still could NOT believe it. I cried out to God, “Thank you thank you thank you!” I knew it was His perfect timing that determined when He would bless me with a child, and I was in awe that He chose to do so now. When Missy called back I was crying and I said, “I just had to tell someone………. Long pause………… I AM PREGNANT!” Again still totally weird to hear myself say that and she just shouted for joy! She couldn’t believe it and was just thankful that I wasn’t telling her that someone was dead, because that’s what she thought when she heard me crying ha! I stayed on the phone with her long enough to calm down and decide how I was going to tell JR in only 3 short hours. I wanted to make sure I did something special to tell him but at this point I feel like I am just going to pop if I don’t tell him immediately…

So as you can tell from the video I decided to show him this baby outfit that I had picked up that said “I love my mommy”. This was not planned at all, but luckily I had picked it up as a baby shower gift a few months ago J After we got home I asked JR to come into the bathroom where I was. I showed him the outfit and asked him if he liked it. (Just as an FYI- he has this voice that he talks to me in when we are kidding around with each other and that is what you will hear.. he is not mad ha!) So he responds, “No I don’t like it!” Jokingly of course. Then I said well I guess we need to find one before April because you are going to want it. He then of course asks why and I tell him to turn around and look on our counter where I had placed the two pregnancy tests and a willow tree figurine that was a mom and dad holding a new baby. He started laughing and repeatedly asked me if I was serious. He then threw up his hands in the air and said, “ALRIGHT! PRAISE THE LORD!” We hugged and I started balling again and then we said a prayer for this precious gift that we had been given. We were both so overwhelmed by God’s blessing, and I am sure we will continue to be throughout our parenting life!!!



Lindsey signature

7 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! You look so happy in the videos and you're already glowing!!! I'll be praying for you and Jr and lil baby isham!!! :o)

Denira Baird Williams said...

Oh and one more thing...if you have a girl...tell JR to get ready because my son will just have to torture her like JR tortured me all those years in school!!! :o) j/k

Maranda said...

Oh my goodness, I told you that I would keep praying "until something happened", that is exactly what I have been praying for. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!! I love you guys and we will continue to pray for your little blessing!! I know that baby Isham is so loved already and that brings tears to my eyes. Thank you Lord for your blessings!!!
Love all 3 of you,
Maranda

Katie said...

Congratulations, Lindsey! How exciting! April seems to be a busy month with weddings and now babies! :) I love the video, what a keepsake.

The Davis Family said...

I'm so happy you didn't get my reaction on camera! Love everyones reaction. I thought Reba was going to do the touchdown shuffle there for a minute!

Summershea said...

JR and Lindsey,

How exciting! I will keep the three of you in my prayers as you embark on this amazing journey. Steven and Krystal are expecting Brycelyn anyday now so I know how excited you are. I wish you many blessings as you embrace parenthood because I know that any child would be truly blessed by the grace of God with the two of you as its parents.

Take care,
Summershea

Jones Family said...

Congrats!!!!!! I am so happy for you both. The videos was such a good idea, I loved it.....