8.27.2008

6 weeks

Today we are officially 6 weeks into the pregnancy! It is so crazy that we have known now for only 2 weeks that we are going to be parents, and yet it feels like forever ha! I have signed up for an update on the baby that I will now receive each week to tell me everything that is going on inside of me. I have seen many friends and family go through pregnancy, but never knew the ins and outs of it.. and wow it is incredible!!! I will continue to be amazed at how God forms this child inside my womb, it is nothing short of a miracle.

I plan to update the blog once a week... but I am sure you expect that since I am the updating queen anyways :) And if you dont really care about hearing, then plan to skip my blog on Wednesdays.. because I will be doing it no matter what ha!

This is the diagram that they gave me in my update. Wow that very tiny little speck is what is causing me to have to use the bathroom SO VERY MUCH :) Besides being extremely tired, as in crashing on the couch at 6:00pm, and somewhat moody (yes I know my poor husband), I am feeling just fine!

Here is the major update for week 6:
This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.


baby Isham is the size of a lentil bean

We do get to go to the Pregnancy support center tomorrow for our very first ultrasound. Please pray for my anxiousness, as I pray every day that everything is ok. These first 13 weeks are very important, as it is when most miscarriages happen. I have heard many stories of friends who have had a miscarriage during this time and I would never be naive that this could not happen to us. Right now we are holding on to the promises of God, knowing that He gave us this gift and He knows the perfect plan for our child.

Continue to pray for us, we love you!


Lindsey signature

2 comments:

Anthony said...

I can remember going through our pregnancies with Brandi - we would read each week about the baby's size and development. It's such an awesome time!! We will be praying for you guys and little Isham in the days ahead.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rue Family said...

I still read my weekly updates and I only have 2 weeks (or less) left! It is amazing what you can learn staying updated like that though! I am so happy for you!! Can't wait to hear more!!