5.02.2008

Wonderful moments in life...

My brother has one of the biggest hearts out of anyone that I know. He has been the co-op leader for GE this semester in Georgia and today was the day his fellow co-ops went home. I love that he is at the point where he can reflect on God's goodness in his life and realize how far he has came in the last several years. I couldnt be more proud.

Here is the email that he sent my dad and I:

You know...I was thinking today, while we had our "going away" ceremony for the coops, how far that I have came in life. It was at this moment that I realized how privileged that I am to have such a great family. Every single coop that walked across the stage to say goodbye, the first and last thing that came out of their mouths was how great of a leader and person that I am. How when everything was going wrong...I was there with a smiling face for reassurance. How that everything that came out of my mouth was trusted to the fullest extent, and was never questioned. I know that throughout my life I have not been or acted what was asked of me, but for the first time I know what I want to do with my life (a smiling face that leads people through some of the most interesting times of their lives), and I have you guys (family) to thank for that.
Dad, you have taught me that there is never a point in life that being too serious cannot be useful...and then bring a smile a split second later to those that you are leading. Coming out of high school, I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life...but I trusted a great man's opinion and ran with it. A few hurdles have came along the way...even walls, but I have came to the realization that walls are only there to stop the people that don't want it bad enough. PERSEVERANCE is the key to life, because life doesn't go as planned, but if you give up then you are no better than a person that has nothing. I appreciate you being patient with me.
Sis...I don't even know where to begin. You have no idea how much you have helped me throughout my life. I have admired everything about you since day one...especially how through everything your faith does not waiver, it does not fold...it only builds momentum. Since we were kids you taught me how to be tough. Whether it was a physical tough by picking, pulling, or pinching me (lol), or the mental toughness that you have had through the years.
How when the omnipresent "worse case scenario" in my mind comes out...you can always find the happiness and joy in any situation and keep me calm and collected enough to stumble to my feet.
I have always looked up to you in the most extraordinary ways...and that will never stop, because you never fail to amaze me. And I appreciate it more than you know...even if I don't show it sometimes.
Today was one of the few proud moments that I have had in my life thus far, and I just wanted to take some time out of my day to tell you guys that I couldn't have done it without either one of you...LOVE YOU GUYS.

I am crying now as I read it once more, and just thank God for His many blessings on my family. Some might say that they hate getting old, but I will say instead that I love each year that passes as it brings me one more year of experiences and moments such as this. I do love my brother dearly... and there is nothing that could make a sister anymore happier than knowing her bro is growing up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW i am crying as i am writing this! i only hope that as my brother grows into a man (hopefully one day) that he has the same feelings toward me!

Tara said...

I have a few tears too! That was incredible!