5.29.2008

Patience

It never ceases to amaze me how many different situations God uses to teach me patience. Right now He is teaching my whole family patience :)

JR, Phillip and I spent the whole day yesterday with Potts and Mimi at the hospital. They had told him on Tuesday that it would be surgery THAT day, then they changed it to Wednesday, and now it is for sure Friday.. they have him in the books ha! Potts is not in any pain or anything, they are just doing several tests before the surgery takes place to make sure they are all set before they go in. We have all learned that doctor's time is not real time!!! "We will be there first thing in the morning" turns into 3pm or later and Tuesday surgery turns into Friday :)

We are again thankful for his time of rest and that he can be monitored while he waits. Mimi is holding up well also, which is a good thing. They both keep telling us how glad they are that we are here, which of course means so much. We are all just waiting.... but very thankful that we can wait and do know what is going on with Pott's heart. We know that this did not catch God by surprise and are so grateful that He chose to reveal it to us the way that He did.

I sure love my Pottsey :)

Thank you ALL for your prayers, phone calls, emails and words of encouragement. We are so blessed to be loved by so many!

1 comment:

Tara said...

The roller coaster ride of emotions is a tough one, as I am going through this myself. I will continue to pray for Jerry and a successful surgery and speedy recovery! I will pray for you guys as well because sometimes it can be harder on the family than it is on the patient.