1.11.2008

Broccoli Cheddar Chicken

Mrs. Jenn Wade Looney has shared many wonderful meals with us lately so I thought I would also share one of my favs! First of all if you do not already get the Kraft foods magazine go right no to http://www.kraftfoods.com/ and sign up to get one. They are free! This recipe came from there...

Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
Ingredients:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken (cut into chunks)
garlic powder
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of milk
1 1/2 cups of Minute White Rice
2 cups frozen chopped broccoli (thawed)
1 cup cheddar cheese ( I use more b/c we LOVE cheese)

What to do:
1. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook for 5 min or until cooked through. Sprinkle with garlic powder
2. Add soup and milk, bring to a boil.
3. stir in rice and broccoli, cover, reduce heat to low. Let cook for 5 min or until rice is tender (make sure you are stirring so rice doesnt stick to bottom of pan ha!)
4. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Tell your husband that dinner is served :)

This is REALLY easy to do, believe me that is part of the reason why I love it. It only takes about 20 min to cook and it is delicious! It will make enough for 4 servings.

Sorry I forgot to take pictures but I am sure you can visualize what it will look like :)

2 comments:

The Davis Family said...

I've made this for a long time now. It was a family tradition during the hoidays. It's so good!!

Tara said...

This has also been a fav of the Neal family for a long time now. Mom used to make it for the RUMC potlucks all the time! Brad doesnt care for it too much, but I LOVE it!