12.04.2007

More family traditions

JR and I have two other traditions that we like to do at Christmas time, to go along with "sleeping under the tree". We have started collecting pieces of a Christmas village for our house. It is really fun to be able to go out and pick a new piece each year. Last year we decided to go ahead and get 2 since we didnt have anything to start with so we went with the Chapel, so it could be the center of the village, and then also a fire station (just because it looked really cool ha). This year we went with a Coffee House. It is a very pretty building, and this is the first year that we have both really enjoyed drinking coffee, so we thought it was an appropriate piece to add :) I especially like the horse and carriage out front too!
coffee house
entire village



We also enjoy making a gingerbread house together. You can get a kit at Michael's and they are fairly easy to do. We always have fun coming up with different designs to lay out the candy in too! I think I may take up cake decorating soon too :)

2 comments:

The Walker Family said...

cake decorating here we come!!! We're going to do our gingerbread house tomorrow night! i'm soo excited.

Tara said...

Those are some awesome traditions! I love the village. I havent put mine up the past few years. I LOVE making gingerbread houses! I have a great recipe for the house and the cement icing. They are so fun to decorate! They both look beautiful!