12.14.2007

Chain reactions

First of all sorry for the delay in posting this week. It is graduation week at Southeastern as well as the end of classes, so needless to say my days have been jammed packed and nights have been filled with babysitting and Christmas parties :)

WARNING: The story below is hilarious now that I can laugh about it... but a bit graphic.

So last night I decided after getting home from our work Christmas party at 9:30 (yea way too late to start this but I wasnt thinking it would take until 1230!) that I was going to feed the puppies their first puppy food. They are now one month old and it is that time so I gave it a whirl. As I was bringing them all in JR said, "Honey I gave them a little before we left." A little... hmm.. okay well that was just a taste so they need more.. or so I thought. I get them all inside and they are all barking at me. I started them off with water and they gussled that right up. So I then filled up their food pans with just a little food and a lot of milk, so that they could pretty much just drink it. Well they all dove right in and I started taking pictures like a proud mom would. Then all of a sudden one started dry heaving for a few seconds and then bamm.... throw up. Few seconds later... throw up again. And after a couple of minutes the poor little girl had done it about 5 times. So as I am holding my nose (I have an EXTREMELY weak stomach to 2 things: blood and throw up. Anytime I see either it immediately makes me gag and I am actually gagging right now just talking about it!) and cleaning up the puke, I look over and the chain reaction had started. Another puppy was now puking, and then another, and yes another. The puppies that were not puking thought it would be cool to eat the puke that their brothers and sisters were leaving around.. and then of course what did they then do? Puke that right up :( Oh man I was so mad! This whole time JR is outside with his friend putting up the new ping pong table we got (thanks dad!) and so I am in the house dealing with all of this myself. I am sure he would have helped and ended up doing so after the fact but it all happened so fast that I didnt have time to stop and ask. Man alive.... note to self: Dont let puppies inhale their first real dinner, it will cause a chain reaction.

So after the reaction finally had stopped and I had 10 puppies that had puke either on their mouth, feet or back.. it was bath time again! :)

I was so thankful that I actually didnt puke myself and took the opportunity to take their one month pictures at midnight last night. Check them out ha! www.10labs.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh Lindsey! That sounds awful, funny now I am sure but definitely not at the time! That sounds like what happened to me when Connor got sick for the first time. Brad wasnt home and just as soon as I would get Connor changed, sheets changed he would throw up again. This happened about 3 times... I think God puts us women in charge of these things because he knows we are the only ones that can handle it. Ha Ha!

Brooke G. said...

just wait until it is your child.. I have a weak stomach too but somehow you manage or just YELL for help!
Ha