3.22.2013

30 weeks

week 30 

30 weeks at Uncle Phil and Aunt Kelly’s wedding rehearsal!

At 30 weeks, Lexi Grace weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Total Weight Gain: 15 lbs… more than I have been at this point before but I blame it on having a girl. I know I’m not overeating so I’m just enjoying the baby bump… it could be my last one after all!

Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!!!

Movement: The doctor told me last Monday that I needed to start charting her kick counts, at least 10 a day. I laughed immediately and said, “I think she kicks 10 times in a minute!” She really is SUPER active!

What I miss: Blessed to be healthy and have a healthy baby too so I cant complain!

Sleep: I find myself getting more tired during the day but then cant go to sleep at night because she is moving so much.

Symptoms: Sciatic nerve again… oh that sciatic nerve! Adding in the acid reflux as well, but mainly just at night.

Cravings: anything fruity and the ice attack is back!

What we are looking forward to: Decorating her room. I have slowly been getting things but am ready to get stuff on the walls. Stay tuned for pics!

601054_10101334905455655_1654865576_n

Notes: I had a doctor’s appointment on last Monday and was thrilled to see her on the ultrasound again. She was wiggling around like crazy and I loved seeing her sweet face. She weighed 2 lbs 13 oz and was measuring 5 days ahead of schedule. I also had my glucose test so I should hear back from that soon but all else is well! We are working on scheduling her birthday…and it looks like it will be Tuesday, May 28th! 9 weeks to go… crazy!!!

No comments: