5.23.2012

I never leave Your hands



This past week I have been shaken and when I heard this song today, I knew it was just the reminder I needed.

"When my world is shaking, heaven stands. One day He will set all things right.  When my heart is breaking, I never leave Your hands. Your hands that shape the world are holding me, they hold me still."

It seems like when bad news comes it just continues to pour. Just over a week ago I got a call that one of my dear friends from high school had passed away at 29. How could that be fair? In ministering to his family, they asked JR to officiate his funeral, JR's first, and it was the hardest thing he has ever had to do. Watching a dad bury his son, my heart was breaking. Knowing that life can be over here on earth in a second, my world was shaken.

Shortly after we found out that my grandmother who has been on oxygen the past few months, not only had pneumonia but that its a very real possibility that her breast cancer is also back. She has been a survivor for over 6 years now... and she will keep on fighting!

A routine sick visit to the doctor with our boys led us to a referral for a pediatric cardiologist. "Heart murmur" was what they heard. Again my heart stopped but I kept thinking, "God you are in control!" We are so very happy to report that after meeting the cardiologist today he diagnosed it as an "innocent heart murmur," which he said is common. Nothing to worry about or change for Griffin, however a huge wake up call for his Mommy. Never will I take for granted my healthy children because I know everything could change in an instant.

Please pray for the Barnes family as they continue to grieve the loss of their son, Clay. Also add my Mamaw Ann to your prayer list.

And last but not least... thank God today that He never leaves us no matter what we are going through. After all it is His hands that shaped this world, AND isnt it amazing that its those same hands that hold each of us? This world may shake me from time to time, but one thing remains constant: God's love for His children.

No comments: