10.25.2010

24 weeks

Only 15 more weeks to go?!?! I know I say this every time.. but wow this is going fast! Carter is extremely active ALL the time these days and it is a nice reminder that he is on his way. We had a checkup for 22 weeks and I continue to be blessed with a "boringly healthy" report. Our next appointment we will get to schedule our c-section date, aka his birthday.. YAY! My belly is growing rapid speed this time as I am coming a little too close to the total weight gain I had for Griffin ALREADY! My belly button has popped as well.... the joy of the changes a pregnant mom's body goes through :)
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments: