5.10.2009

A wonderful Mother's Day!

I had the very best first mother's day! First of all it really felt weird when people would say Happy Mother's Day to me bc it still doesnt seem real to me... BUT I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT ANYWAYS :) Griffin celebrated being 2 weeks old and we went to church for the first time. He did very well and everyone thought he was adorable. I dressed him in his "I love my Mommy and my Mommy loves me" outfit bc I thought it was pretty fitting for Mothers Day :) He gave me his own present by sleeping for 5 straight hours last night and letting me sleep in some. Then he and Daddy came and brought me another present- a new addition to our family sign (see pic below).
After church they took me out to lunch at Mellow Mushroom. It was very yummy and we enjoyed being outside bc it was such a beautiful day. Griffin loved his first outing to a restaurant and just slept the whole time :)

My present from Daddy and Griffin- we had to update our family sign :)


The rest of the afternoon I just hung out with my boys. I swear Griffin just gets cuter and cuter every day ha! My mom got here at 4 and we all cooked out and enjoyed more of the weather by going on a walk together. Cici just cant get enough kisses from her little man... glad someone else feels my pain ha!
I will never forget this very special first mother's day! Celebrating a healthy baby boy with my wonderful husband and mom made it perfect!!!


My 2 week picture with sock monkey- wow I cant believe it has already been 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Tara said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day, Lindsey! Sounds like motherhood is agreeing well with you! He is one handsome little man!