11.11.2010

Lots to chew on...

When trying to chew on all of the information that was thrown at us at the convention these last few days, I had a heavy heart to share. It is one thing to hear the Word of God, it is another thing to actually meditate on it and apply it to your life and even a further thing to then share it with others. I am by no means a biblical scholar, but I sincerely love the richness of the messages that were given by such godly men.

Here are some thoughts to ponder, very generally summarized:
- we will not be judged by how we arrive, but instead how we depart.... how will my life be summarized at my funeral?
- in Acts 20:17-38, Paul was disliked by many, opposed by most and people even wanted to physically harm him; however he was committed to the Word of God and "considered his life worth nothing"-vs. 24. He simply wanted to be a good son for God. -do I consider my life worth nothing compared to my love for God? am I willing to be disliked by people in order to stand on the truths that I believe?
- James 4:17 "Therefore to anyone who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin." This verse truly hit me HARD in many different ways!
-If we truly believe God is in control, then when we make plans we leave room for Him to interrupt them.
-There are 4 things we can do with God's will: 1. defy it by ignoring it 2. deny it by knowing its true but rejecting it 3. disobey it 4. delight in God's will
- If someone says, "I am not into missions" we should ask, "Since when did it become the Great Option?" Instead it is God's Great Commission to us that we should share the gospel with all nations, NOT an option.
-Discipleship: many encouragements in this area am much conviction in this area because I am neither getting discipled currently nor am I pouring discipleship into someone else... MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT SOON!

I do truly want my life to matter. I want to have an impact for the kingdom of God. I know that I should share His good news and yet I find every excuse not to. I am so tired of the excuses and letting myself believe the lie that I cannot do it. "Therefore to anyone who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin." James 4:17... so everytime I do not trust God, actively pursue Him, share His good news with others, make it a priority to share with the nations, or simply am just lazy and let the excuses take over me... I am committing a sin against my God! Man, how many times a day does that happen? Praise the Lord for His grace, mercy and love for me, that no matter what I do, He loves me anyways. But what kind of daughter am I to knowingly do this every single day?

I would love nothing more than my life to be summarized at my funeral as saying, "She loved Jesus, she grew in Him, and she shared His love with all people."

What will your dash look like?
(Date of Birth-Date of Death)

Our life is but a vapor! Dont waste it!!!

No comments: