11.22.2010

Crazy 28th week!

We are now just 77 days away from meeting our little man Carter! We had our 28 week appointment today and the doctor said everything looks good and to plan on meeting him on FEBRUARY 7th!!! The planner in me LOVES the idea of knowing when he will be here.. or at least that he will be here no later than that!

I did have my craziest week of pregnancy this week, starting off with not getting very much sleep due to Carter's constant movement and hiccups at the bedtime hour. I saw 2am several times and that is RARE! I also experienced my first Braxton Hicks contractions on Thursday and again Friday. I ended up calling the doctor Thursday because they lasted 2 hours but he wasnt concerned. So thankful to have gotten the glucose test over today as well. Why in the world do they make you fast and then take so much blood? Gosh I thought I was going to pass out ha! 15 pounds gained and feeling HUGE. Looks like its time to slow down this last trimester :)
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

No comments: