5.04.2013

Week 36

week 36Babycenter says at 36 weeks, Lexi Grace is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term.

Full-term is what we are going for!

Total Weight Gain: 19 lbs

Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!!!

Movement: She is running out of room and therefore isn't as active as before, however I really think this is the normal amount of movement that most moms feel.

What I miss: With contractions coming just about daily, I miss not having to stop everything and go lay down like I have to now. It makes it difficult to get anything done during the day because if I do too much they just get worse. But it will all be over soon!

Sleep: Very hard to get comfortable but sleeping fairly well.

Symptoms: On Wednesday and Thursday of this week I had very consistent contractions and ended up calling my doctor.  He checked me and said I was definitely thinning out but not dilated yet. They were not concerned about Lexi and said she would be ready to come anytime now! That made it all very real for sure knowing that they would go ahead and take her if I did go into active labor from this point on.

Cravings: strawberries and Italian ice

What we are looking forward to: Now that we realize she literally could be here any day now, we just cant wait to meet her!!! All showers are done, nursery is done and bags are packed. We are as ready as we will ever be!

Notes: The boys have been so sweet and are realizing that I havent been feeling as well. “Mommy, is Lexi going to come out of your belly today?” They cant wait Smile

No comments: